I get these types of questions all of time…what are the best books you’ve read or what are the books that impacted you the most on the topic of __________.
Here is a short list of some of the better books on preaching I’ve read, with a few that I haven’t read that have been well reviewed.
- Christ-Centered Preaching by Bryan Chapell (Purchase)
- The Supremacy of God in Preaching by John Piper (Purchase)
- Between Two Worlds by John Stott (Purchase)
- Preaching and Preachers by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones (Purchase)
- Lectures to My Students by Charles Spurgeon (Purchase)
- Toward an Exegetical Theology by Walter Kaiser (Purchase)
- On the Preparation and Delivery of Sermons by John Broadus (Purchase)
- Biblical Preaching by Haddon Robinson (Purchase)
What do you think? Are there others you would add to this list? Let me know here.