This past Sunday I had the opportunity to speak at Colonial Baptist Church in Cary, NC, where Stephen Davey is pastor. While I have known Stephen for many years, and still remember when he planted this church, we have not done a good job in staying in touch. This was a great reconnect and a very encouraging day for both Diane and I. We were extremely impressed with the ministry of the church and were also surprised with how many people we knew! It was especially encouraging to meet up with a number of Northland alumni.
Sunday evening we drove up to Virgina Beach, VA to spend a couple of days with my parents. I was able also to enjoy some good fellowship with my friend Daniel Davey (Stephen’s brother). Daniel is pastor of Colonial Baptist Church in Virgina Beach. It was another uplifting time. As we head home, my heart is full of thanksgiving to God for two brothers who have great passion for Christ and His church.
Here is what I found common with both of them:
- A high view of Scripture, theology, and expository preaching
- A serious and meaningful approach to worship
- A commitment to Great Commission work both at home and abroad
- A demonstration of servant leadership
- A serious and intentional approach to preparing young men for ministry through seminary training.
I am thankful for these brothers!