Just this past week Diane and I recorded a brief video where we look back at how we have been continually challenged to keep growing and digging into the Word. This has been challenged and fueled as we have attempted to disciple our own children and now an entire college student body. There has never been a time that we have more fully realized that we ourselves are still in the process of being conformed to the image of His Son. I guess that reinforces the idea that the best teaching comes from the overflow of what God is doing in your life.
About G. A. Dietrich
Posts by G. A. Dietrich:
Trinity Blog | What’s Wrong with Feeling Sad?
Alumnus Dan Lerro posts for his church family and all that want to listen in on the topic of sadness.
John MacArthur | Appearance is Everything?
At the Grace to You blog MacArthur hits on the idea of image and how that relates to a variety of areas in the church, such as discipline and hypocrisy. The thrust of the post is on secret sins in which he offers 3 reasons why these types of sin are especially abhorrant.
An Infant in a Cradle | Six Reasons to be Zealous in the Great Commission
A simple post…check it out for more explanation.
- because the Lord God is the hero of the story.
- because the Lord God has made you his authorized messenger.
- because the Lord God proclaims his salvation and judgment through you.
- because the Lord God works his judgment and salvation through your proclamation.
- because the Lord God uses the hard-hearts of his enemies to glorify his name among the nations.
- because the Lord God uses unexpected people in unexpected ways.
Much like Owen there are things I’ve appreciated about Chan. However, this article does reveal some concerns on how the church should be perceived and why “the gathering” is important.